9.22.2013

Year One


So today wasn't just any other today. Today one year ago I married my best friend. It seem so surreal that its been a year already. Time has flown by. This time last year I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off. Between worrying about the weather, making sure everyone had everything and everything was in place, things flowed pretty smooth.


One thing is for sure. I can definitely say that in years to come I can say I will remember this first anniversary. After sleeping in and eating donut holes for breakfast, me and the puppies laid around while Steven went run some errands. Once he got home we decided we were going to go finishing. Well this was the decision which slowly went down hill.


We go to a place called Catfish Heaven, which they have 2 huge man made ponds that the put all these fish in. Once you check in and buy at least one thing of bait from them your free to fish. Once your done you just have to bring all the fish you catch (you can't let them go & if you do you have to pay $25) yeah I know bummer right.


Once we sat in our spot and got our selves situated, we baited our lines and casted out. Then the ants descended. Its like everywhere you went there were ants. And not in ant piles, they were just roaming freely. So we decided to move to the second pond in hopes or more fish bites and less ant bites. Well this if when the first big mishap happened. While moving some stuff my foot ever so politely went into a hole and twisted and cracked. Now everything in my hands of course fell out my hands and then the pain hit.


So once I got up and was convinced my ankle wasn't broke just sore, we relocated to our new spot. Well this is when I decided my picky toe was broken. Yeah I know sucks right. And again we were attacked by ants. And again we moved spots again. In this spot we sat there for about 4 hours, caught 5.25 fish (5 decent size catfish & 1 small brim), caught a snapping turtle who tried to eat 2 of our lines, & got sunburnt.


So once we got back to the house & iced down my foot, we watched TV to about 6 o'clock. SO at 6:15 we cut out cake topped that you cut on your one year anniversary. And man was it delicious! I think the moral of the story is that you don't have to do anything big or extravagant, as long as you both are spending time and enjoying each others company that's all that matters.


p.s. I found this cute little note Steven wrote...


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Ashley*Phillips | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig