11.18.2016

Baby Hospital Drama | Admitted


Hey dears! So from my previous pregnancy post on here you may have gotten the idea that this little boy like to give us a run for a money and always keep us on our toes. Well yesterday morning he decided to throw us for another whirl wind. As of right now my behind is sat in a hospital bed because this child like to cause ruckus. Let me take you back to yesterday morning where this little tyke decides he wants his water bag to break....

Yes his water bag as in the sac he's in. Yes it was disgusting, no I have not gone into labor. I guess this is his way of saying he wants mommy and daddy to take some time off of work. My water broke when I got up to use the bathroom around 4:45am & we got to the hospital a short time later. Basically baby is technically fine. He can bake in there for another few weeks if he really wants. The truth is it's all up to him. Im currently 27.5 weeks & they will let him bake until 34 weeks as long as he shows no signs on distress, labor doesn't start, or I don't get an infection because his sac is ruptured. 

The first 48 hours are the most critical, even more so the first 12 hours. Once I was put into a room, I was poked prodded with IVs & steroid shots to help develop his lungs just in case and also started on mag for 12 hours to help his brain develop a little faster, also been on a rotation of 2 IV antibiotics to prevent infection & they constantly monitored his heart rate & movements & myself for contractions. I even had a wonderful catheter.

Here's how the doctors told us how this can go. Some people go into labor within the first 12 hours, thats why the pump you with all the good stuff. After that another 15% go into labor within the first 48 hours, then after that 50% have baby within the first week & after that well its completely up to him really. He still produces amniotic fluid and it'll still build up in the sac but it will also still come out, which is what will happened until he comes out, that how he's ok to stay put in there for now.

Everything has been fine so far. He's going great, no problems & no contractions. I'm also doing well, I'm currently limited to my room but as long as Im not hooked to my IV or on the monitor for a NST I have free run of my room, got to shower last night, which was amazing. Netflix has also been a life savor. Now it's just a sitting and waiting game until little man decides to make his way into this world! 

In the mean time, I will still try to post on and off, however you may see a slack in posting. Post I had planned for the holidays are now of course on the back burner until further notice. We just ask for thoughts and prayers until then! Much love!!!!

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Ashley*Phillips | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig