6.16.2017

A Week In Destin

Hey dears. So last week was spent in Destin with my little man, family, & friends. We left last Saturday at midnight that morning & had a nice smooth drive there. To sum up trip in 3 words: Shopping, beaching, & eating.

When we arrived in Destin we were not able to check into our condo yet so we went to a popular place called Destin Commons, which is this outlet mall that has many shops & food places. Lets just say Bass Pro & Lush were our popular places. I can tell you we walked a good 5 miles that morning. We also had to get the kids their first airbrush shirts. Hayden also got a turtle & a shark (dead in formaldehyde). 

Much of our time was spent on the beach. I literally got burnt within the first hour of our first day soaking up the sun. I blame my son for this for fussing to take a nap as soon as we got to the beach. Other than that the kids loved the beach & sand. Paisley couldn't stay out the water. The water was amazing, so clear & blue!

Our eating experiences however were not that great this trip. We went to some good places like Lulu's Hogs Breath Saloon, Millers Ale House, & Margaritaville (1st time). Then we had some bad nights eating out Joe's Crab Shack, World of Beer, Margaritaville (2nd time). These places we had many forgotten meals that were not placed for whatever reason & then we did finally get our meals they would be wrong.... which lead to many discounts or free meals... Which is sad because I used to love some of these places.

During this trip I also took some time off and went see some of my husbands family in Pensacola & they got to meet Hayden for the first time. We also took the kids to the Gulfarium. Hayden loved watching the Dolphin & Sea Lions.

I'm happy to say the kids traveled better than expected there and back. My little one had 2 teeth come out during the trip. That was interesting experience in itself. 







 




All is all it was a great family trip & I cannot wait until the next one. 

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Ashley*Phillips | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig