4.22.2017

Maintaining Naturally Curly Hair vs Straight Hair


Hey dears. Let's talk hair. I have naturally curly, frizzy hair & let me be honest it can be a pain sometimes. You always hear people with straight hair saying they wish they had curly hair & I can say I wish my hair would be peacefully straight sometimes. With my type of hair I either let it air dry after a wash to get my curls or if I blow dry it I have to straighten it or else it frizzes out like a lions mane, yes like an actual lions mane. 

For my curls, after a good wash & condition I spray in BB Curl Primer, Pantene Detangler, &  Pure Brazilian Leave In Conditioner. After that I give it a good brush through with my tangle teezer (God send!),  I let it air dry, & tada curls!
* To style once it's dry I just add in a little Aussie Aussome Volume Texturizing hair gel & Aussie Mega Aerosol Hairspray.

For my straight hair, after a good wash & condition I again use my Pantene Detangler & Pure Brazilian Leave in Conditioner & give it a brush through with my tangle teezer. After spraying my hair down with Phyto Keratine Repairing Thermal Protectant Spray & I give it a good blow dry & then I'm able to move on to my Sephora straightener, tada straight hair! (I usually get a "did you put extensions in your hair? No, no I didn't.") 
* To style my straight hair I just basically touch it up every morning to make it all nice & straight again & God forbid it be raining or be to humid. (que lion mane again) I mainly wear it straight during the winter months because that is my safety proof net.

Now after all that hard work on either occasion before I leave my house I toss my hair into a hair ban... I know why would I do all that work to just put it up?? Well let me tell you I've never been a person to wear my hair down unless I really really have too. Sad but it's true. 

Does you hair need as much maintenance??

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Ashley*Phillips | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig