11.07.2017

Georgia Trip With Bub & Pop


Hey dears. Two weeks ago today we received some horrible news that my grandmother has passed away the prior night at her kitchen table. So my dad, bub, & I packed out bags and drove out to almost the middle of no where Georgia, literally. I must admit cell service was a bit better that then the 3.5 years ago when I was there for my grandfathers funeral.

Now honestly I don't want this post to be focused of any of the above, but more so about long car trip with a infant. In all honest it wasn't that bad. Bub did really well! He did get fussy when he was hungry or sleep, which is to be expected. But other than that the trip went pretty smooth. We got to see people we don't get to see quite often. Everyone got to meet bub. Bub soaked up the attention. He did really well at the service & cemetery. The other only thing that was a little different is that he didn't go to be at his normal time, to much going on, to many people around, he loved listening to peoples conversations. 

I forgot to mention this trip was 12 hours there & 12 hours back. We left Thursday morning at 4:30 am & left at 5:30 am their time to come back the Saturday. I know most people would say, wouldn't have been easier to just fly. But really it would have been faster to fly but I believe it was easier to drive. Bub would be the child screaming on the plane. 

From previous trips I knew what to pack & what wasn't needed, so that was quite easy. The trip home seemed to go by so much faster than the trip going there. But all in all i'm just glad to say I have a child who travels really well!

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Ashley*Phillips | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig