3.21.2017

Balancing Work, Home Life, & Motherhood | Newborn Photos


Hey dears. So life, it can be pretty insane in general by itself. Adulting isn't always fun but toss a baby into the mix & it can get pretty hectic really quickly. 

Now don't get me wrong, I love my little guy to the moon & back but he makes life so much more interesting. So here is how I balance working, home life, baby, & even hanging out with people.

- I work full time at a multi-practice doctors office. Monday is a 8-7 day, Tuesday, Thursday, & Friday is a 8-5, & Wednesdays is a 8-2. While I'm at work Hayden is at a daycare down the road from my work, which makes it really convenient to pick him up in the evening. However on Mondays either my mother or hubby will pick him up since daycare closes at 5:30.

- Home life is still in full force, it just has to go around when baby isn't hungry or fussy for whatever reason. Which in his case isn't often he's just randomly fussy, he's a really good baby. He will also eat anywhere from 4-5 hours, sometimes even sleeping for 7 hours during the night. Other than that I am able to do whatever house work I need to do while he hangs out in his 4mums rocker or plays on his play pad.

- Having a little one can be exhausting at times but is absolutely everything. I didn't have to alter life much for him to fit into it easily. I now get up at 5 am and get the few things I need to get together, take care of pups, & do little house chores like picking up laundry or dishes. I usually wake him up around 5:30 to change him, get him dressed, & feed him. Then usually around 6 am he will just hang out in his bassinet while I get ready for work or just get ready for the day in general until it's time to go. 

- Managing relationships with a newborn isn't as hard as what you think it would be. I do a lot of things with my niece-in-law, she has a 16 month old little girl and a little boy who is less than a day older then Hayden. We have a thing were at least once a month we have someone watch the kids and have a mommy's day out. Whether that's going eat & watch a movie, getting our nails done, shopping, or just hanging out with a glass of wine.


I also want to say a huge thank you to Megan at Baby Bloom Studios for taking my little mans newborn pictures. You did an amazing job. You are so patient with these little ones & so encouraging to the parents.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Ashley*Phillips | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig